Monday, December 19, 2011

Approaching the Birth

So we all know it's December. But honestly, it doesn't feel that way to me. haha! It just now started to get cold. So my body is thinking it's November. I mean seriously, 70 degree weather and December just don't mix. But I guess in NC they do.

At church, my pastor and youth pastor have been very good at reminding all of us what Christmas is really about. Not the gifts and such, but the birth of our Saviour and what He ultimately came to do. One of my favorite Christmas songs is "Mary, Did You Know." There is one particular verse that gets me thinking everytime I hear it.

"This child that you've delivered, will soon deliver you."

Imagine what Mary was thinking. She was probably my age, about 16 years old. I know if I had been approached with this situation, I would be confused and maybe even scared. But she was going to give birth to a baby boy who would give her new life. I marvel at how amazing God is, and how every little detail of His Son's birth was planned.

So this Christmas season, focus on the fact that the baby in the manger would be hung on a tree to give us the ultimate gift... eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment