Thursday, December 22, 2011

Bumper to Bumper Traffic

Im sure by reading the title you can guess what I have been up to the past 12 hours. We embarked on our Christmas trip to GA today, at 1 pm. Well, if things had gone as planned, we would have left at 11 am and gotten to Greenville at like 4 or 5. But as usual, they didnt. Oh well.

We arrived to the wet, rainy, and very trafficky Greenville at 8ish. Thankfully, we just get to chill in the hotel until tomorrow when we make the rest of our trip to GA.

Usually we get up at 4 in the morning and travel to GA all in one day. But this year, because we have Charlene (our foreign exchange student) we decided to split it up, due to all of our sanity. But for some reason, the DOT decided to re-route all traffic around Charlotte and we ended up in bumper to bumper traffic, off and on, for a good 5ish hours. Fun stuff, right? Not.

But as we were slowly creeping our way along I-85, I realized how much time car rides give one time to think... I mean seriously. You have to sit in one spot for hours upon end. And although I have my Ipod on shuffle, with the occasional skip of songs that I forgot were on my Ipod, you start day dreaming and wondering off into space until someone or something snaps you back into reality.

I hope I am not the only one who experiences these events when in a car.

So if you ever are stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, in the rain, with music you forgot was on your Ipod... never fear, day dreaming is always there.

No comments:

Post a Comment