Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Lessons Learned Everyday

This past weekend, I was able to go on my youth group's annual ski trip. I looked forward to this since the last ski trip last year. I LOVE skiing. The anticipation that comes when riding up the lifts to the top of the mountain and the rush when flying down the slopes is something that I personally enjoy! But this year was a little different.

This year, our church paired up with North Wake's youth group (we also go to summer camp with them) and Dr. George Robinson came with us and preached 3 times. Before the trip, I heard he was going to preach on the story of the Bible. Like others who have grown up in a Christian home, I have heard the "Story of the Bible" multiple times, and have even found myself becoming apathetic to it. But this weekend changed some things.

Dr. Robinson told the entire meta-narrative (thanks Mr. Beaver and Mr. Ridlehoover) of the Bible in the first 3 chapters of Genesis, and then related it to passages in Matthew and Revelation. Oh my goodness. Things made COMPLETE sense. And it was understandable. Even when it was 9:00 at night after I had busted my butt on the slopes and ached all over. I understand that God had planned things, even the little details, since the very beginning.

This ski trip was more than just a trip of going down slopes in the freezing cold. It was a trip that opened my eyes to the bigger picture of the Bible. My apathetic mindset was shattered. I'm not saying I'm never going to be apathetic again, but I see that God's plan was and is still in affect.

Others can read this story at www.viewthestory.com

No comments:

Post a Comment